Thursday, October 13, 2011

Flavored Coffee Beans

I am a self-confessed coffee lover. I have several blog articles with this subject… and even if I have palpitation issues, I still haggle, bargain, bluff, blackmail my husband who is strictly guarding my coffee intake… Most of the time I succeed in rigging him to my want, besides what’s that coffee-maker for (take note it was his 2009 wedding anniversary gift).

Anyway…my best local coffee bean product is the Monk’s Blend. Nothing comes close with its taste. It tastes heavenly. I am so glad we have that product here in our place – oh well, technically, “here” means in the Philippines, but I have to order it from home… my current geographic location is somehow 8 hours drive from our hometown.

Anyway, I tried other brands too. I tasted the Folgers when my husband’s tita came home from the US. That was her present for me. I liked its taste… It was strong plus the aroma is certainly enthralling and euphoric.

So whattabout this flavored coffee beans? Today, Tita Marvie is home again for a short vacation…and she brings me Godiva flavored coffee bean (Hazelnut flavor, and mind you it’s a decaf – so I am safe from palpitation *LOL*) and Godiva Chocolatier Hot Choco (Caramel Flavor). Sure, I have several servings of flavored coffee whenever I am in a coffee shop with Torani syrups… or sometimes at home, I have  coffeemate with flavors. But not flavored coffee beans. The smell of the hazelnut is really in the coffee beans. While brewing the coffee, the aroma is sooooooooooooo delightful, mouth-watering and savory (I know the adjectives in my last statement are all synonymous – that’s how triply good this stuff is)

Obviously, I am so excited to try it. I am very swashbuckling when it comes to trying out new flavors (in the context of coffee of course!). Right now while blogging about this new love, I am also sipping this freshly brewed coffee. The verdict? Terrific! That 10 oz (284 grams) of foil-pack Godiva coffee is only $12.00 … if we have the 1:1 ratio of currency, that’s cheap for a delicious coffee (don’t start converting the USD to PHP, because that is not fair and certainly it’s ridiculous)

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...