Saturday, June 27, 2009

MJ, the final curtain


When the news broke about his death, it was my husband who first heard it on TV. As I got up in bed that day...John's first word was not the usual morning greeting... "MJ died already" was all he said. I was still groggy and unable to absorb what he was saying... I went blank and then I said "Who's MJ?"... then he answered in a bit sad tone "Michael Jackson".

I was not shock but rather unemotional. Perhaps it did not register to me... not right away. After breakfast I proceeded to work. As I opened my PC... news about MJ was everywhere. My friends were also talking about it.

But strangely memories came flashing in my head associating MJ while i busied myself at work. I halted in an instant, processing those thoughts that were coming afresh. Yeah... I whispered to myself... MJ. I remembered my late bro and I used to dance some of his music. I loved his song "You are Not alone" and I even played it in my guitar.

I maybe not mourning of his passing like others do. But I realized MJ was someone that had impinged me in the past through his music. He was one of those greatest singers in my time that I say, I admired... and his achievement was still unsurpassable to this date.

Well... Life is short and our days are numbered. We do not know when is our turn gonna be...but while we are still living, let us make every moment count because the truth is we only have one life to live. Make the most of it by making a positive difference and impacting the lives of others.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...